Re: online backup

Subject: Re: online backup
From: "Kenton Brede" ktbrede
Date: Thu Dec 9, 2010 1:56 pm ((PST))
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Marinos Koutsomichalis
<> wrote:

> I' ve been thinking lately on backing up online my recordings
>
> any one has some suggestion on where to do this ??
>
> I did a research and I found a number of companies that offer sth like th=
is - I think I am between spideroak and idrive - but there is quite a diffe=
rence in the price between those two,

> I was wandering if anyone has tried them, or some other service

I've been using SpiderOak for the past year.  One of the main reasons
I went with them is because they supported a variety of operating
systems: Linux, Windows and MAC.  Now they have support for android
phones.  Sync work fine as well as backups.  Their support has been
helpful the couple times I had questions.  I will probably go with
them again next year.

The space on iDrive for that price would be hard to pass on, if I
didn't have Linux boxes.  You'd only get 150G for the iDrive price on
SpiderOak.  But if you think you could keep your backups under 100G,
then you could save $50.00.  It's hard to estimate growth sometimes
though.
Kent