Re: Habitat Loss

Subject: Re: Habitat Loss
From: "chrishails50" chrishails50
Date: Sat Dec 4, 2010 11:48 pm ((PST))

Dear Mark,

Thanks for sharing your essay which I read with interest. I definitely share
your loss, I am in favour of sustainable forest management but clear-cut is not
that and is horrendous. It is amazing that supposedly intellectual societies
still do this.

Every two years my organisation publishes the WWF Living Planet Report which
examines and analyses the consequences of such impacts. It can be downloaded at
the link below and by clicking around you can find some interesting interactive
graphics (and even a live radio interview I did at the Asia launch - if anyone
suffers from insomnia !).

http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/all_publications/living_planet_report/

I don't want to take us too far off topic so folks can contact me off line with
any enquiries.

Chris
http://www.wildechoes.org

--- In  Mark Brennan <>
wrote:

> Hello everyone, I have been quiet for a while. Some of you may remember the
> recording I made of the Raven family earlier this spring? Anyway, as of this
> week, that forest has now disappeared, gone, to where ever they send it,
> clear
> cut in the blink of an eye. I wrote an essay on this experience and my
> experience of spending 20 years here. I have thought long and hard about
> sending
> it your way, but I think it is better to make it available than not.
>
> http://markbrennanfineart.ca/blog/?p=39
>
> Some of you will agree, some of you wont. I make no apologies however. The
> nature recordists who are also nature lovers will agree.
>

> cheers
> Mark

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional