[Nature Recordists] Sound Devices USBPRE2

Subject: [Nature Recordists] Sound Devices USBPRE2
From: Gianni Pavan <>
Hi all,
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 I just received the new Sound Devices USBPRE2, it is great ei=
ther as a
recording device connected to a PC or as stand-alone hi guality mic pre and
AD to be digitally connected to any digital recorder with digital inputs.
However, concerning the PC use, be aware that at present no drivers are
provided by Sound Devices and thus the device must rely on standard audio
drivers availalble on the host operating system.
With Mac you can get all the supported sampling rates, up to 192k (I tested
it with Peak Pro 5.2); unfortunately on windows systems the supported
sampling rates are only up to 48k !!!!=C2=A0 I tested both XP and Windows 7=
 with
their native driver.
This is stated on the specs shown on the website, however they are not so
evident.
Sound Devices support says that ASIO drivers are planned.

If someone knows how to solve the problem I'll be happy to know and to make
tests.

Gianni