Re: [Nature Recordists] LS-10 Arrived Today

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] LS-10 Arrived Today
From: hartogj <>
Date: Friday, October 29, 2010, 12:46 PM

=C2=A0

      Hi Rick,

The tea strainers work in light wind conditions. They are fine for recordin=
g in the calm of the morning, or under a tree canopy where gusts are tamed.=
 However if the wind near the mics is gusty at all, you will still get sign=
ificant wind noise. I have tried many types of fabrics, even ones that shou=
ld block wind completely.  I believe the noise is the sound of the wind aga=
inst the fabric at such close proximity to the capsules. The further away y=
ou can get the wind screen from the capsules, the less you will hear the wi=
nd against the wind screen.

John Hartog

> I like the tea strainer idea someone did for the Shure 138s (I think it w=
as