Re: More Cape Cod Coyotes...

Subject: Re: More Cape Cod Coyotes...
From: "Mitch" wa1ykn
Date: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:16 pm ((PDT))

--- In  Rick Munday <> wrote:

> Nice catch. I agree with Kevin, never get tired of hearing coyotes!
> Have a photo? Having a problem visualizing the array.

Hi Rick,

Unfortunately I do not have a photo of the 6 mic array as it presently is c=
onfigured.

However, back around the first of August when I started prototyping this co=
ncept, I did take a few pictures of the first setup as I put it together. I=
t is 4 mics mounted on a plywood base plate. The present array of six mics =
is on an aluminum frame instead of plywood. The mics are mounted using Azde=
n SMH-1 shock mounts which, in turn, are mounted on photo equipment light s=
tand tilting umbrella brackets which are attached to the plywood base. The =
bottom of the base has a heavy duty Bogen/Manfroto tripod disconnect plate =
and is easily moved from tripod to work bench or to Bogen Super-clamps for =
attaching elsewhere. (it pays to have a machine shop handy!)

Photos of the prototype are here:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/F1FPcina/Microphone_tests.html

Hopefully I will get time to photograph the present configuration and will =
add the new photos to my website when time and weather permits.

I also have a 5 mic array that works extremely well however I end up swappi=
ng mics between the arrays as I do not have enough super-cardioid shotgun m=
ics to populate both arrays at the same time.
--

Thanks,
Mitch & Shadow...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/UTASxktL/wildlife.html