Advice for Elk in PA?

Subject: Advice for Elk in PA?
From: "dannymeltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:55 pm ((PDT))
Hey guys,

I am going to be in PA this weekend, up near State College which is not too=
 far from the Elk herd up there.  Bruce, I know you have recorded there bef=
ore...and I just wanted to ask if anyone has advice for good spots to recor=
d [I wouldn't begrudge anyone wanting to keep good spots secret, but in cas=
e not...].  I gather the good places are centered around Benezette.  And ca=
n anyone tell me if they are generally silent at night, or sometimes vocal =
then as well?  I would assume dawn is the best time to record them, just li=
ke birds.

Does anyone think that it's late enough in the season that it's not worth d=
riving over there to try?  Seems like about a month later than the normal p=
eak rutting season, but it's also been pretty warm here this autumn so far.

Any thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.

Danny