Re: White Th Sparrow, Cape Breton Plateau

Subject: Re: White Th Sparrow, Cape Breton Plateau
From: "Mark Brennan" markbrennanfinear=
Date: Sat Oct 2, 2010 8:42 am ((PDT))

Yes, those lonely spots, treasures indeed, I am lucky to be able to get awa=
from human made noise for the most part here, although jets can be botherso=
me at
times. In our Southern National Park (Kejimkujik) it has been designated a =
night
sky preserve lately,=C2=A0I wonder how long before=C2=A0those that make the=
 decisions=C2=A0come
to realize that natural silence is just as important to not just 'our' sani=
ty
but also for the integrity of the remaining wilderness areas. I heard of a =
new
10 year study on Fireflies being conducted asking people to count the flash=
es in
their=C2=A0immediate area to gauge the=C2=A0# of=C2=A0Fireflies in an area.=
 The
preliminary=C2=A0results are leaning=C2=A0towards a possible drop in specie=
s because of
light pollution.=C2=A0Imagine=C2=A0the negative impacts of =C2=A0noise poll=
ution on an
ecosystem, has=C2=A0anyone done any work in this area?=C2=A0

Mark

=C2=A0Mark A. Brennan
Canadian Landscape Painter
www.markbrennanfineart.ca