[Nature Recordists] Re: Avisoft: inserting silence in multiple fil=

Subject: [Nature Recordists] Re: Avisoft: inserting silence in multiple fil=
From: Aliza Le Roux <>
es
Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 6:09 AM

=A0

      Thank you, Raimund. I know that in future I'd again love to have this=
 option, but for now I'll just do it the old-fashioned way.

reagards,

Aliza

--- In  "Raimund" <> wrot=
e:

> Hi Aliza,

> There is currently no way to do this as a batch process. But I will think=
 about adding such an option to the batch processing tool. I will contact y=
ou privately once there are any news on this.

> Regards,

> Raimund

> Avisoft Bioacoustics

> http://www.avisoft.com

> --- In  "Aliza Le Roux" <alizaleroux@> w=
rote:

> > Hello,

> > I'm using Avisoft, and I've cut a large number of calls from longer seq=
uences and saved them as separate .wav files. I need to downsample these ca=
lls but because the calls were cut out of the original files with very litt=
le "room" on either side of them, I need to insert silence at the start and=
 end of each file. (This is to retain good-looking spectrograms at the lowe=
r sampling frequency)

> > I was wondering if there is any way to speed up such a process, as a ki=
nd of batch process? I simply need to add 0.05s of space/ silence at the st=
art and end of each file (simple, but tedious; I'm hoping there's a streaml=
ined possibility?)