Re: MOTU Traveler. Was "Mic arrays and M/S behaviour"

Subject: Re: MOTU Traveler. Was "Mic arrays and M/S behaviour"
From: "James Shatto" wwwshadow7
Date: Sat Sep 4, 2010 11:39 am ((PDT))
I started off on a laptop.  Took entirely too long to setup.  Plus you had =
to tear down and setup again if you changed rooms.  Battery life sucked.  A=
nd you're not likely to even be able to see the LCD in direct sunlight.  Bu=
t mainly that you couldn't press record until the laptop booted and the aud=
io application launched.  Lead me almost instantly to a field recorder setu=
p.  15 seconds from the time the mic stand hits the ground, I'm recording. =
 Factor in unlevel ground where a laptop is highly likely to slide off of a=
 surface and go crashing to the ground...  Or just rain and other environme=
ntal conditions.

The one thing I did like, was that within 30 minutes of hitting stop, I cou=
ld have an optical media disc in hand of the content to play in the car on =
the way home.  Not really ideal as no one wants to wait for you to burn a d=
isc.  And modern car stereos have ipod and other inputs now.

- James