Re: [Naturerecording] Sunday Morning

Subject: Re: [Naturerecording] Sunday Morning
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Sep 1, 2010 8:32 am ((PDT))
At 5:11 AM -0700 9/1/10, Martyn Stewart wrote:
>http://soundofcritters.com/archives/1298
>The winds pick up at dawn on a sleepy Sunday
>morning. The pressure gauge reads 1015mb, A
>Barred owl shrieks out at a group of rats it has
>been steadily watching in the early hours. As
>the winds increase the old dried leaves blow
>from the trees, a coopers hawk smashes into a
>Steller=92s jay and takes it to a feeding perch.
>The hawk calls out and starts to strip the bird
>apart. All this happens as the sleepy
>neighborhood still lay in their beds=85
>
>Martyn

Hi Martyn--
I've rolled through your recording several times
on this Wednesday morning. Its really enjoyable
for me to attempt to "sink" into the
particularities of the scene and your description
provides a rich ground. Thanks for sharing some
Sunday secrets with us!

Are you set-up with a weather recorder at home?
I've been grabbing weather data but only from a
site that's several miles away. :-(  I've not
studied the data in relation to the recorded
events/behaviors yet in any organized way.  I can
hear the wind and possible front movement in your
recording, do you sense other synchronicities
between the animal behaviors and the air pressure
in this case?

I assume there's reasonably priced, sensing
gear/software for computers; I haven't looked
into it yet.  Real time weather tracking for a
site seems like it could be very useful to add.
Rob D.