Re: rumble and quiet places

Subject: Re: rumble and quiet places
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:51 am ((PDT))

Hi Luca,

welcome to the list,

bare in mind that the fr2-le has a pretty noisy headphone amplifier.. so wh=
at you hear is not what you get ! You better record sth and then monitor th=
e recording rather,

PS I don' t own a fostex machine but I recall a friend mentioned this about=
 the headphones amp..

On 30 =CE=91=CF=85=CE=B3 2010, at 10:47 =CF=80.=CE=BC., fhievel wrote:

> Dear all, this is my first post. First of all thank you very much, I read=
 a lot of messages finding many many useful informations.
> So, i've just "upgraded" my set up, from a zoom h4+rode nt4 to a fr2-le+2=
 x at4022.
> Just a little problem...as suggested in previous posts I'm using the reco=
rder at, more or less, the 80% of the trim gain and the record level betwee=
n 50% and 100%. With these gain setting, using my headphones (sennheiser hd=
 25), I can still hear the background rumble of the recorder (that at 100% =
of the gain is very audible).
> Have you any suggestions about this? Is to remove it by software the only=
 solution?
> In the next months I'll need to record very quiet soundscapes for a local=
 audio/video production. In this case that rumble would be really annoying.=
..

> Being my first post I past here some infos about me.
>
> Luca Bergero lives and works in Italy. He is graduated in electronic engi=
neering from the Politecnico di Torino and deals with electroacoustic music=
, soundscape and acoustic ecology. He is finishing a training in music ther=
apy at the APIM school in Turin for which, in 2011, he will present a thesi=
s on the theme "Music therapy and acoustic ecology".
> In 2006 he realized " La Fabbrica e la sua voce - trame sonore dell'indus=
tria tessile" (in collaboration with Luca Sigurt=C3=A0), a sound exhibition=
 at the museum La fabbrica della ruota (Pray, Biella).
> He cooperates for recordings and sound design with the film director Manu=
el Cecconello in several films. Among them: "Venti" (2003), "Nacquane" (200=
4), "SIS" (2006), "Beato colui che sar=C3=A0 visto dai tuoi occhi" (2007), =
"Strologo" (2009).
> He developed an experience of music therapy and soundscape at the psychia=
tric day center cooperative ANTEO of Biella.
> He collaborates with the cooperative Il Mulino in designing and implement=
ing educational activities dedicated to acoustic ecology.
> He is a member of the Italian section (FKL) of the World Forum For Acoust=
ic Ecology.

> Several of his works have been published over recent years by national an=
d international labels: Vetri di carta (S'agita recordings, 2003), Pocket P=
rogressive (Creative Sources, 2005), Le bapt=C3=AAme de la solitude (Petite=
 sono], 2005), Free for(m) Rimbaud (AFK, 2005), Preghiera per una stella (A=
FE, 2006), Pipe Smoking on a Balloon (UM/KO, 2007), Erimos (Digital Industr=
ies, 2007), non solo/untilted (Setola di Maiale, 2007), The Wheel (Creative=
 Sources, 2008), Pipe Smoking on a Balloon (reissue, AFE, 2009), Kapnos (Gr=
eysparkle/AFE/CTRLALTCANC, 2009), Luca Bergero is graduated in electronic e=
ngineering from the Politecnico di Torino. He deals with electroacoustic mu=
sic, soundscape and acoustic ecology. He is finishing a training in music t=
herapy at the APIM school in Turin for which, in 2011, he will present a th=
esis on the theme "Music therapy and acoustic ecology".
> In 2006 he realized " La Fabbrica e la sua voce - trame sonore dell'indus=
tria tessile" (in collaboration with Luca Sigurt=C3=A0), a sound exhibition=
 at the museum La fabbrica della ruota (Pray, Biella).
> He cooperates for recordings and sound design with the film director Manu=
el Cecconello in several films. Among them: "Venti" (2003), "Nacquane" (200=
4), "SIS" (2006), "Beato colui che sar=C3=A0 visto dai tuoi occhi" (2007), =
"Strologo" (2009).
> He developed an experience of music therapy and soundscape at the psychia=
tric day center cooperative ANTEO of Biella.
> He collaborates with the cooperative Il Mulino in designing and implement=
ing educational activities dedicated to acoustic ecology.
> He is a member of the Italian section (FKL) of the World Forum For Acoust=
ic Ecology.

> Several of his works have been published over recent years by national an=
d international labels: Vetri di carta (S'agita recordings, 2003), Pocket P=
rogressive (Creative Sources, 2005), Le bapt=C3=AAme de la solitude (Petite=
 sono], 2005), Free for(m) Rimbaud (AFK, 2005), Preghiera per una stella (A=
FE, 2006), Pipe Smoking on a Balloon (UM/KO, 2007), Erimos (Digital Industr=
ies, 2007), non solo/untilted (Setola di Maiale, 2007), The Wheel (Creative=
 Sources, 2008), Pipe Smoking on a Balloon (reissue, AFE, 2009), Kapnos (Gr=
eysparkle/AFE/CTRLALTCANC, 2009), Michelangelo Antonioni - Trilogy And Epil=
ogue (VV.AA., AND/OAR, 2010).