Re: fostex fr 2.

Subject: Re: fostex fr 2.
From: "Max" oatcruncher
Date: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am ((PDT))
Juan, have you by any chance looked the Maranzt PMD 661? It appears to be g=
etting pretty solid reviews, and is a pretty solid recorder. It has a sligh=
tly better noise floor than the FR-2. There a few worthwhile reviews on You=
Tube you could look at. Always remember of course, that YouTube reviews are=
 almost always NOT aimed at nature recordists. They do however give you a c=
hance to see the unit in operation, and can be a help if you can't lay hand=
s on one yourself.
All the best
Max

--- In  "Juan Pablo" <> wrote=
:

> Hei Max,
> Thanks a lot for your quick and great responce.
> Alwas i Used to record with marantz recorders. Fistrly with the pmd 222b,=
 pmd 670 and lastly pmd 671. The weight is not a problem for me. I know tha=
t the fr 2 is a litle heavier than the pmd 671. I'm going to use the fr 2 w=
ith a telinga and a Sennheiser me 62 and my sennheiser mkh 70.