Re: Best value earbuds/headphones under $75.00

Subject: Re: Best value earbuds/headphones under $75.00
From: "Marcus Buick" mbuick
Date: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:33 am ((PDT))
Hi Andrew,

I have always been a fan of the Sony MDR-V6=E2=80=99s ($75).  The compact, =
foldable
design is perfect for field bag usage.  Recently I have been using Sennheis=
er
HD202=E2=80=99s ($25).  They are both closed ear design.  The thing I like =
about the
Sennheisers for field work is that they hold on tight, have a high gain
capability (good sensitivity) and are relatively indestructible.  Sure, if =
you
drive a car over them, they might break, but short of that. . .

I have been using Stax SR-34=E2=80=99s ($225) as my reference earspeaker (t=
hey run at 8
Ohms) now for about 25 years.  They have never let me down.

I=E2=80=99ve heard good things about the Grado SR-60=E2=80=99s ($70) but ha=
ve never used them
myself.