Re: Digest Number 4776

Subject: Re: Digest Number 4776
From: "Scott S." scott_fs
Date: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:57 pm ((PDT))
Again, I'm not interested in making money here.  I have had a serious inter=
est in audio most of my life, though not recording, but listening to music.=
  I am very well aware that more money often (not always) means better equi=
pment.  I remember reading about a speaker set-up that cost $40,000 (!).

I agree that one has to just go out and learn.  I am helping some friends (=
youngish) with a few films.  They need a sound guy.  And I thought it was f=
un picking up birds.  My cats can't figure out were the birds are when I pl=
ay it back on the computer.

So, I really appreciate the advice.  Sadly, my means are limited, there is =
serious illness in the family and even with excellent health care, transpor=
tation costs and co-pays add up to tens of thousands of dollars.  So, there=
 is a finite limit to what I can come up with.

And I did buy my camcorder and paraphernalia before all of this stuff happe=
ned.

Anyway, I will go back to lurking and enjoying you all arguing the merits o=
f sound recording.  I've learned a lot just in the couple of months I've be=
en poking around.