Re: New Recording on the Blog: Roof Drone

Subject: Re: New Recording on the Blog: Roof Drone
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Mon Aug 9, 2010 8:29 pm ((PDT))
Hi Michael,
A recording of metal roof is a stretch for a nature recording. There may be=
 natural rhythms and textures involved(and some bird and bat sounds as you =
mention), but overwhelmingly what I hear the most is the sound of a metal r=
oof.  The rain is playing the roof. Perhaps this could be passed off as a n=
ature sound if the end product did not sound like a roof - but it does.

John Hartog

--- In  Michael Raphael <> wro=
te:

> Thanks Chris.  I think it is closer to nature recording than talking abou=
t the latest piece of crap consumer olympus recorder.  That said, I don't m=
ind all the gear talk, just making a point.

> On Aug 9, 2010, at 5:02 PM, chrishails50 wrote:
>

> > Maybe I'm just grumpy tonight but I'm not sure that I count rain fallin=
g on a tin roof as "nature recording"..... I know the rain has to come from=
 somewhere and is theoretically natural... maybe I've spent too much time i=
n such places wishing it would stop - I know what it sounds like !

> > Sorry.

> > --- In  Michael Raphael <mraphael@> wr=
ote: