Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: plug-in power mic

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: plug-in power mic
From: Gregory O'Drobinak <>
Umashankar, hi!

I would very much like to read quantitative text about your experiences wit=
these various capsules and the FET preamp circuits that you have developed =
over
time. The array of mics on a flat surface is one application of beamforming=
 that

can produce a very directional mic, but I am curious if just paralleling so=
me
capsules would produce an optimum effect. But, please, fill us in on the
details!

I have just received some Primo 172s & 173s, so it is time for me to develo=
p an
mic array that will be low noise and very detailed in localization.

Thanks for your interest and support!

-Greg