1. Re: what is this creature/sound ?

Subject: 1. Re: what is this creature/sound ?
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:38 am ((PDT))

I just checked the hydrophones, there appear to be no problem at all with t=
hem ..

what makes me really skeptical is that only one of them picked the sound - =
if it was something distant (like a radar) both of them should have picked =
the sound..

I tend to think the source was located really near the hydrophone.

Just to note that after I buried them in the sand I used two small stones t=
o keep them in place - maybe that explains sth ?

On 31 =CE=99=CE=BF=CF=85=CE=BB 2010, at 9:12 =CF=80.=CE=BC., Grant Finlay w=
rote:

...> wrote:

> > I buried a couple of hydrophones into the sand underwater in a remote b=
each - only one of them picked this sound, so I guess it might be sth livin=
g in the sand ??