Re: waterproof plug

Subject: Re: waterproof plug
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:46 am ((PDT))

in the worst of the cases

if some water passes inside the jacks, would that cause any serious damage =
to the hydrophones ??

On 18 =CE=99=CE=BF=CF=85=CE=BB 2010, at 7:34 =CE=BC.=CE=BC., Marinos Koutso=
michalis wrote:

> that seems really interesting !!
> thx !
>
> @Richard
>
> I have the dolphin ear pros, and want to experiment in various depths
>
> the thing is that having something like 50m cable or more in a hydrophone=
 is not aways handy.. actually it is rarely handy, as I' ll have to carry 5=
0m or so of cable (in each hydrophone) anytime I want to record in a a smal=
l lake or pod..

> cutting cables is out of the question,
>
> so I was thinking to have an extension cable and use some kind of substan=
ce (like the Scotch Fill) to insult the connection on the fly !

> let aside extension cables are expensive and having a dedicated set only =
for my hydrophones might be a little too much..