Re: PCM Recorder advice needed.

Subject: Re: PCM Recorder advice needed.
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:04 pm ((PDT))
Hi Mitch,

Building a parabolic system from scratch could certainly be fun, but unless=
 you need something bigger than the Telinga dish, $150 for the raw dish is =
a good value for the base of your system.  I did, however, make a dish for =
less than five dollars by finding a scrap piece of ridged foam insulation, =
cutting out overlapping rings, gluing them together, shaping with a wood ra=
sp, sanding, and then using wood glue to glaze a reflective surface. First =
though, I calculated the shape, and cut a parabolic arc template out of ply=
wood. For my Telinga dish, I used a variety of parts from the plumbing sect=
ion at the hardware store to mount the dish.

John Hartog