[Nature Recordists] Re: Looking for a sound recorder on a tight budget

Subject: [Nature Recordists] Re: Looking for a sound recorder on a tight budget
From: "oryoki2000" <>

Rob Danielson wrote
"If you started off with a pair of DIY EM172's with an H2, you could
still use it as low profile mobile rig"

Sadly, in my experience, the H2's external mic input is considerably noisier
than the internal mics are. For quiet subjects, I can recommend the H2 only for
use with its internal mics.

Zoom is about to release the H1 audio recorder.
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=2053
Several vendors are advertising it for $99. Let's hope that the deficiency in
the external mic input is remedied in the new model.

--oryoki