Id Help

Subject: Id Help
From: "Mark Brennan" markbrennanfinear=
Date: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:55 pm ((PDT))

=A0Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has experience recording the Bicknells =
Thrush (Catharus bicknelli). I was in breeding habitat for this bird over t=
he weekend=A0and spent about=A08 hours over=A02 days.. on location at 4am-8=
am trying to record one but also recording the morning chorus on the Boreal=
 Plateau, words cant describe the sounds!. (Cape Breton Highlands National =
Park) I had heard one here about 6 years ago in the same location, that was=
 the last time, but I was with a very experienced birder who could pick it =
out.
=A0
I have uploaded a very short file here (part of a longer one)
http://wildearthvoices.org/index.php?p=3D1_25_Private=A0- "Under what is it=
?" If you dont see it just refresh the page.
=A0
Interestingly enough on my way in, i met up with 3 Parks biologists who wer=
e attempting to mist net/attatch a=A0 radio telemetary device to Bicknells.
=A0
Is it a Bicknells? I am thinking Lincolns Sparrow, but the two seem to soun=
d very close. I used the Fostex FR2LE and Rode nt4 mic. You can also hear a=
 fox sparrow, such a magnificent song!
thankyou for your help.
=A0
Mark