Re: Identifying unknown bird sounds...

Subject: Re: Identifying unknown bird sounds...
From: "June Newman" lovebirdsandbugs
Date: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:56 pm ((PDT))
I said Pileated, but am now doubting myself.  I've listened to these
side by side recordings, and am still unsure.
http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/183/_/Pileated_Woodpecker.aspx

They are so different in appearance, and habit that I'd never
realized how similar they can sound.  Would sonograms distinguish?

June