Re: enroute air charts as planning tool? / examples of aircraft nois

Subject: Re: enroute air charts as planning tool? / examples of aircraft nois
From: "Randy Perretta" first_avatar
Date: Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 pm ((PDT))
There are a few sites like that, some have an intentional delay, some I ima=
gine don't. =A0I haven't heard of that one and will give it a try along wit=
h a radio to see if they match. Thanks from at least me :)
In the US, planes fly in a connect the dots fashion. By using a map, you'll=
 know where they are going to be (yes, private and military notwithstanding=
) by knowing the local routes and need only look upstream to see if anyone =
is coming. That's what I do here. I live on a mountaintop in wilderness sou=
theast of the San Francisco Bay Area. There are about a half dozen approach=
/departure routes that converge or come within earshot of my home. If there=
's someone coming, at least I know about it. Now if I can get the various f=
auna to cooperate...
So it's pretty easy. No need for websites and such at least for me although=
 I use them for fun. =A0At any rate, if you're going to record someplace, i=
t pays to know the local air routes so you can at least look upstream. Know=
ing about local general aviation facilities and the local pattern for them =
can help although in rural areas, they can pretty much appear anytime.=A0
Just like knowing the roads. =A0
Hope this helps.
Randy