Re: Choosing the right sampling rate and sample size

Subject: Re: Choosing the right sampling rate and sample size
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Tue May 18, 2010 12:22 am ((PDT))
David Steinwedel wrote:

> Higher sampling rates have the advantage of being more manipulatable. The=
y will sound better when pitched down or otherwise processed.

Yep, I recently recorded foraging Noctule bats with my SONY PCM-M10 (with i=
ts internal mics) at a sample rate of 96 kHz.

Visit http://tinyurl.com/28gsn3o and click at '100515_22.WAV' to play the o=
riginal file (one can hear only a distant Nightingale and a Cuckoo). Then c=
lick at the lilac-colored dot ('slowed down 100515_22.WAV') to play a slowe=
d-down version of the file (sample rate afterwards set to 11.025 kHz) that =
reveals the calls of the Noctules.

Regards,
Raimund