Re: Suggestions on methods to display sonograms as movies?

Subject: Re: Suggestions on methods to display sonograms as movies?
From: "Wil Hershberger" wil_hershber=
ger
Date: Thu May 13, 2010 6:15 pm ((PDT))

Marc,
Using something like iShowU on a Mac can capture a defined portion of the c=
omputer screen. Therefore, you can capture just the sonogram as it is playi=
ng. This creates a quicktime mov file complete with the audio. These mov fi=
les can be embedded into a powerpoint or keynote presentation as well as on=
 a webpage.

Wil Hershberger
Nature Images and Sounds, LLC
Hedgesville, WV
The Songs of Insects
My Blog

On May 13, 2010, at 9:06 PM, Marc Myers wrote:

> I'm working on a project where I would like include both audio and its so=
nogram as a video of some sort. I've been using Acousmographe and it works =
well in some regards. However the only output is a SWF file and I must conv=
ert this to another format. The conversions have not always gone well. Anyo=
ne have any luck? Obviously, in any decent sound editing program one can se=
e a sonogram as one listens to the file, but I'm interested in this being a=
 freestanding movie. I've also tried screen capture utilities but consisten=
cy in the size of the image is also important and this is not always easy t=
o do with screen capture.