9. Re: from metadata to archiving - georeferencing .wav files in bat su

Subject: 9. Re: from metadata to archiving - georeferencing .wav files in bat su
From: "Jeremiah Moore" jeremiahmoore99
Date: Wed May 12, 2010 12:33 am ((PDT))
Just a thought - Is it possible it's a byte alignment issue causing the
compatibility issues?

Soundminer at one point - years ago by now - had a byte alignment issue tha=
had strange effects with some applications and no effects with other
applications.  (i.e. some apps are picky about the RIFF chunks being on eve=
bytes or whatever it is.)

-jeremiah

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Raimund <> wrote:

> John Lundsten wrote:
>
> > Sorry i don't follow your thinking here. The sample count since midnigh=
> > idea in a BWF is to cover a 24hr period, if you aren't covering a singl=
> day
> > then it isn't a BWF.
> > A 64bit int word surely gives plenty enough numbers for a 24hr period
> even
> > if you are counting at 250k/sec. I think approx 2.E+10 is all that is r=
eq
> &
> > 2.E+19 are available.
> > John L
>
> Sure, but the 'bext' chunk implemented in the Avisoft-RECORDER software
> does not claim to excactly comply with the BWF standard. It should be
> considered just as an additional 'nice to have' feature because it is not
> essential for its primary use.
>
> The analysis software (Avisoft-SASLab Pro) that is recommended for
> processing these files does not use the bext chunk at all (it instead use=
> the other application-specific RIFF chunks 'TIME' and 'GPS).
>
> Regards,
> Raimund

jeremiah moore | SOUND |
http://www.jeremiahmoore.com/