SD mixpre vs. Azden FMX-42

Subject: SD mixpre vs. Azden FMX-42
From: "Wolodymyr Smishkewych" wjsmishk
Date: Thu May 6, 2010 7:00 am ((PDT))
Hi all,

Feeling liek a bit of a dolt, I am putting forward this question: aside from
what seems to be field-proven reliability of the SD mixPre, I am confused about
the dB-dBu (or dBv) relationship between the SD and Azden preamp/mixers. The SD
says gai:
Gain
Mic In to Line Out: 66dB
Mic In to Line Out: 56dB phantom power on Mic In to Tape Out: 56dB
Mic In to Tape Out: 46dB
and the Azden

Gain
Standard: +4 dBu (> 10 kOhm load) -2 dBu (600 Ohm load)
Maximum: +20 dBu (>10 kOhm load) +13 dBu (600 Ohm load)

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused! Can anyone clear up what the actual difference
is for comparison's sake? Thanks!
Vlad

Wolodymyr Smishkewych
wolodymyrsmishkewych.com