Re: Channel-billed Cuckoo.

Subject: Re: Channel-billed Cuckoo.
From: "greg.winterflood" greg.winterflood
Date: Mon May 3, 2010 12:26 am ((PDT))

Stuart,

I've listened to your recording of the Channel-billed Cuckoo and I'm jealou=
s. All I get here at 3 am, on the Eastside of Alice Springs, is the barking=
 of the Alsatian dog next door.

I've observed the Pallid Cuckoo nearby - the Channel-billed does not seem t=
o make it here. There must be some kind of boundary about 150 metres south =
of my house as Cuculus pallidus does not come north from there. I haven't s=
een a specimen lately; but next time they're about, I'll have to make a 150=
 metre field trip to see if I can capture something equally as good as your=
 recording.

Cheers,

Greg Winterflood