Re: New Recording, Atlantic Coast

Subject: Re: New Recording, Atlantic Coast
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:00 pm ((PDT))
Hi Mark,
              You're recording prompted me to re-evaluate my own NT4, it ha=
s been a while since I've used it. The FR2-LE trim I normally leave on max,=
 or both at 3 oclock, then adjust the main gain (far right of the recorder)=
 according to the levels on location.

You have some great locations to recording in from what Ive read via your b=
log, will be nice to hear more of your work.

Kind Regards,
Mike.

--- In  Mark Brennan <=
..> wrote:

> Thanks all, good note on the left channel, I had 'thought' both setting w=
ere the same when=C2=A0I began the recording.=C2=A0I=C2=A0saw=C2=A0 this di=
fference=C2=A0in audacity when=C2=A0I looked at both channels. I find the f=
ostex a great recorder but...=C2=A0getting the setting for each channel a b=
it challenging. I=C2=A0usually look at the positioning of the mic trim. Is =
there a better way? The rode nt4 is a nice mic, but not sensitive enough fo=
r my liking. I add quite a bit of gain for each recording, unless you are r=
eally close to something. I am still very much learning this wonderful craf=
t...
> cheers all
>
> Mark
>
> ps.. I recorded this yesterday, a logging truck passing through a=C2=A0'g=
ame sanctuary'. I looked at it on a spectrogram and saw there was definitel=
y an increase in bird=C2=A0agitation - as the thing passed by. I don't thin=
k we would normally hear this kind of thing.
> http://wildearthvoices.org/index.php?p=3D1_17_Humans
>
> =C2=A0Mark Brennan Fine Art
> www.markbrennanfineart.ca
>

> ________________________________

ding? Were the mic trims set to the same level?

> Nice recording for the NT4 I didn't recall it being this quiet.
>
> BR
> Mike.
>
> --- In naturerecordists@ yahoogroups. com, "dannymeltzer" <dannymeltzer@ =
...> wrote:

> > Really nice track!
> >
> > --- In naturerecordists@ yahoogroups. com, Mark Brennan <markbrennanfin=
eart @> wrote:

> > > Hi Everyone, up=C2=A0early this morning for a rewarding hike around a=
=C2=A0Provincial Park located on Nova Scotia's Atlantic Coast (Taylor Head)=
. The headland justs out about 3-4 miles and=C2=A0I was sure there would be=
 no human=C2=A0noise. I was wrong, beaten to it by a lone lobster fisherman=
 and a fog horn! There is something honest about the sound from the boat, n=
ot your usual cars or aircraft. I cant decide if I like it yet or not.