Re: Quandry: Keep FR2 or buy SD 702?

Subject: Re: Quandry: Keep FR2 or buy SD 702?
From: "dannymeltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:24 pm ((PDT))
I had an FR2 a few years ago and moved on to a SD machine.  I will say that the
quality in the preamps is noticeably better in the SD recorder than the FR2.
Whether that is worth a particular amount of money to you or not is obviously a
choice you'll have to make, but I will say the SD machines are very capable.  I
have also found that the battery lasts much longer on the SD than the FR2 [if
you have a big battery in the SD].