resend.. new to recording

Subject: resend.. new to recording
From: "Mark Brennan" markbrennanfinear=
Date: Mon Apr 5, 2010 4:06 pm ((PDT))

lets try this again, not sure what went wrong with the first one...

Hi Everyone, just wanted to introduce myself, I am quite new to nature reco=
rding - but find that this new 'hobby' is quickly becoming a passion! I am =
a landscape painter/naturalist and nature recording seems a natural extensi=
on of my art. I am in Nova Scotia, Canada, where spring really arrived the =
past few days. I started recording a few years ago with one of those handhe=
ld voice recorders (I used to hang it in the trees!) but the past few month=
s I have purchased some better equipment. I am slowly building my new websi=
te
=A0
www.wildearthvoices .orgwww.wildeart hvoices.org- it's in the very early st=
ages at the moment but I guess its appeal for me is for it to stand more as=
 a record of natural sounds from my part of the world. One of the reasons I=
 paint 'wild places' is to try to promote the viewer to take a more active =
role in preservation issues and I hope this is where nature recording will =
also take me too, although the technical side of it is a bit mind boggling.=
 I am an ex Royal Naval communicator so that is helping a little. Anyway, I=
 read all your emails with great interest, I have lurked for a while and ho=
pe to contribute more in the coming months and years. A recording from toda=
y can be found at:
http://wildearthvoices.org/index.php?p=3D1_18_Soundscapes
Bull Beach, Taylor Head.
=A0cheers all,