Re: Budget Recording Setups for Educating Students?

Subject: Re: Budget Recording Setups for Educating Students?
From: "ffs" brainsci001
Date: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 am ((PDT))
Thank you both for your comments. I did try to use the archives- which is h=
ow I directly and indirectly came up with the material I mentioned initiall=
y.  I was hesitant to ask the equivalent of "what is the best microphone/re=
corder?" and tried my best not to - but perhaps I did anyway. Concerns for =
mics and equipment for speech are very different- frequency response, noise=
 floor, dynamic range- the ability to lock myself up in my IAC booth etc.- =
and considering this is for students and would have to be paid for by the U=
niversity rather than my research funds, I just wanted to ensure that I was=
n't making any horrible mistakes; Learning curve I can handle, idiotic choi=
ces I beat myself up over.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Paul