Advice sought: Geese migrations near the Finger lakes, NY

Subject: Advice sought: Geese migrations near the Finger lakes, NY
From: "Charles Veasey" veasec
Date: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:26 pm ((PDT))
Hello,

Last year, around this time, I stopped in Montezuma NWR on the way to
Ohio from Albany, NY. Listening to the vast number of geese on the lake
was a wonderful experience! I made a recording, but unfortunately it is
over-saturated with I-90 traffic.

I'm going to Syracuse this weekend for Easter celebrations, and I'm
thinking to sneak out early Sunday morning in order to catch the
migration again. I'm pretty sure there are some Finger Lakes residents
here on the list. For those people, I'd like to inquire about the
current status of the duck and geese migration in that area, and also
alternatives to the Montezuma NWR that may be closer to Syracuse. Does
Oneida Lake house large amounts of waterfowl migrants as well?

Thanks very much!
-Charles