Re: removing flash card from SD722

Subject: Re: removing flash card from SD722
From: "Michael Oates" msohooates
Date: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:34 pm ((PDT))
Hi,

Sorry a bit late on this one, but I hope the wait is worth it.

I found that once the SD recorder was in a bag, even when the bag has a Vel=
cro flap at the
bottom, getting your fingers in to remove the card was quite difficult espe=
cially in the
cold and dark. I also use a deep battery making it even more difficult. A w=
hile ago I was
given a tip which I am passing on now to you all.

Attach some tape to the card so that a fold of tape remains sticking out fo=
r you to pull
on. It is now so easy to remove the card.

See the photo below which is far better than me explaining:

http://www.mikeoates.org/arl/misc/compactflash.jpg

Regards,

Mike

>Hi Geoff,
>
>The card should extend from the slot about a quarter inch, enough so you c=
an grasp between two fingers and pull it out. At least it works that way on=
 my SD702, though I could see how it might not work that well for everybody=
's fingers.

:

>> This may seem a really dumb question, but I can't figure it out at all. =
How do I remove the flash card from the Sound Devices 722?!? I inserted it =
easily enough, and usually these things just require a push to release them=
, but not this one. There's no apparent 'eject' function in the menu.