Re: AT4022s in a baffled spaced array (was: FR-2LE & AT4022)

Subject: Re: AT4022s in a baffled spaced array (was: FR-2LE & AT4022)
From: "Gregory O'Drobinak" gmo_dunes2
Date: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:36 pm ((PDT))
Rob & all:

I'm trying to visualize how the "nose " of the SASS is actually constructed=
. Is it really just a big block of foam delineated by the metal edging, or =
is it a piece of foam of a certain thickness applied to each side of the pl=
astic nose barrier and then framed by the metal edging? If the latter is tr=
ue, how thick is the foam?

As for the back surfaces where the PZM elements are affixed, are they hard =
plastic or coated (like rubberized)?

Also, does anyone have CAD drawings of the SASS housing?

The final question revolves around the mounting point of the mic faces in t=
he non-PZM SASS rigs: How far is the center of each mic from the intersecti=
on (the edge) of the back boundary and the nose boundary? This could be a c=
ritical design parameter of its spacial capturing since I believe that Crow=
n's PZM elements are mounted very close the that edge.Does anyone have the =
original version of the SASS that had the B&K mics in place of the PZMs?

Any more info about the SASS body would be most helpful as well. I must say=
 that I am quite intrigued by the sound of that design.

John H> Do you have any recordings of your yoga block "SASS" rig? How do fe=
el it compares to just the plain rectangular block?

Many thanks to all of you in starting this thread!!

-Greg