news + recordings sought

Subject: news + recordings sought
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:32 am ((PST))
I recently started a blog celebrating the joyful moments of daily life:
http://treasure-hiding.blogspot.com/

& I would like to ask folks to consider submitting recordings of thier favo=
urite everyday sounds. These can be single recordings or cut / splice track=
s of several sounds: 1 min per sound / 10 mins max for a compilation piece.=
 Mp3 format for easy streaming on the blog.

The blog has recieved a decent level of interest & basically I would like t=
o grow the audio element to accompany the visual & text based elements.

submissions can be sent to tempjez (at) hotmail.com

thanks !

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2 new releases on . point engraved editions:   http://engravedglass.blogspo=
t.com/

MICHAEL PISARO & GREG STUART  -  'July mountain'

. point engraved edition eg.p05

. limited edition 3inch cdr mounted on art card

. 'July mountain' for Greg Stuart & Jez riley French:

---- Field recordings made by Michael Pisaro in the Santa Susanna and San G=
abriel Mountains, Placerita Canyon, Santa Clarita, Topanga, Val Verde, Los =
Angeles, Marina del Rey, and Santa Monica, 2006-2009.

---- Percussion recorded by Greg Stuart in Columbia, South Carolina, 12/09-=
01/10.

. this remarkable composition combining 20 mono field recordings & 84 percu=
ssion parts is a significant addition not only to Michael's catalogue of wo=
rks but also to the deeply fascinating exploration of scoring for field rec=
ordings.

=A35 uk  /  =A36  rest of world

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ANNE GUTHRIE  -  'Standing sitting'

. point engraved edition eg.p04

. Limited edition full sized Taiyo Yuden cdr mounted on art card.

1) Beacon NY

2) Union station, Washington DC

3) Train from Washington DC to Penn station NYC

. 'standing sitting' presents 3 extended compositions for subtly treated fi=
eld recordings of an art space, a train station & a train journey. Anne's w=
ork with field recordings shows a simple, yet richly evocative grasp of the=
 nature of the spaces we inhabit & I am very pleased to be releasing these =
pieces on Anne's first solo edition.'

=A38 uk  /  =A310 rest of world