Re: [Nature Recordists] FR-2LE & AT4022

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] FR-2LE & AT4022
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:07:23 +0000

      Thanks Paul. I stumbled over David's Soundcloud recordings earlier
today,great site.

As with anything, the more you dig the more you find.

Also checked out B&H Photo Video, have yet to take the plunge.

Paul

--- In  Paul Jacobson <> wrote:

> I discovered that David Michael has been a fairly frequent poster to this
> list so I'll leave it to David to post edits of his work if he sees fit.

> David had posted the at4022 v mkh40 comparison Rob D. mentioned a few days
> ago:

> http://soundcloud.com/dmichael/at4022-l-mkh40-r

> I'm listening to David's Creek recording as I type and it is indeed a 19
> hour+ location recording. I'm not sure what processing has been done on the
> recording apart from conversion to mp3?

> The environment is probably too noisy to tell much about self-noise but the
> recording has some fantastic moments and sounds great.  As I've said before -
>  even if the AT4022 only perform to measured specs of 13dB they are very good
> value.

> cheers

> Paul

> On 09/03/2010, at 3:31 PM, Paul Jacobson wrote:

> > Ha.  I didn't check the file size....  1.84Gb or what appears to be an mp3
> > version of the entire 19hour 16bit/48khz source recording.

> > I was wondering why it was a slow download ;)  I'l check with the original
> > recordist and see if I can post a short edit to the file section.

> > cheers

> > Paul

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: