Re: Audio Monitors for Editing

Subject: Re: Audio Monitors for Editing
From: "Max" oatcruncher
Date: Fri Feb 5, 2010 7:07 am ((PST))
Hi all,
To add to this briefly, the ALESIS M1 ACTIVE 520's that I bought actually e=
xceeded my expectations. The build quality can't really be faulted, and the=
 speaker quality is to my ears superb. My hearing, unfortunately, isn't suf=
ficiently good to be able to go into 'hi-fi speak' on these. For anyone mor=
e interested there are many very positive reviews on these little crackers.
They have three ranges of boost plus an 'acoustic space' adjustment. Additi=
onally they have  balanced XLR and balanced jack inputs. The only extremely=
 minor groan I have is with the Gain control also being on the back. Howeve=
r, if you are using these only via your computer, you will set the gain onc=
e and forget it. If on the other hand you you run a CD player outlet straig=
ht to them, you will generally have to adjust them more frequently. I have =
incidentally an ART DTI between my speakers and source.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anybody as near field monitor spea=
kers. Shop around on the net and you will find a good price somewhere. I bo=
ught mine from Amazon UK for =A3169 (about $300 at the time; $265 now) in S=
eptember last year. I just checked Amazon USA and they're $199!! You lucky =
people!
Max

--- In  Russell Dawkins <> wro=
te: