Re: extension cables

Subject: Re: extension cables
From: "Robb Nichols" robb_nichols
Date: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:12 am ((PST))
Mogomi Cable has a nice little utility on their website for plotting the
frequency response of a mic cable.  You have to know the output
impedance of the mic and the input impedance of the recorder, along with
capacitance and resistance of the cable, but you may be able to
reference all of these specifications easily.  Look here:
http://mogami.com/e/cad/mic-cable.html

I would add to Phil's comments that noise typically isn't a big problem
outdoors if you have a well-shielded cable.  But if you're leaving it
out for a while, be aware that pesky critters like to chew on them.

Best regards, Robb