Re: new AT4050ST mid-side mic

Subject: Re: new AT4050ST mid-side mic
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:21 pm ((PST))
Thanks for pointing out a new mic, Oryoki.

I notice in the specs:
"Stereo, 90=BA: 25 dB SPL; Stereo, 127=BA: 16 dB SPL;
Mid: 15 dB SPL; Side: 17 dB SPL"

Just wondering, why would the wide stereo have lower noise than narrow ster=
eo?

John Hartog

--- In  "oryoki2000" <> wrote:

> Audio Technica just announced a new mid-side mic, the AT4050ST.  It's a s=
tereo condenser mic with independent cardioid and figure-8 capsules under a=
 common shell.  The mic has a switch so you can set the output signal to le=
ft and right stereo, or separate mid and side signals.

> Output at the mic is a 5 pin XLR cable, which splits into two 3 pin XLRs =
for connection to your mixer or recorder.