Re: Plug-In Power Measurements

Subject: Re: Plug-In Power Measurements
From: "Robb Nichols" robb_nichols
Date: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:42 pm ((PST))
I'd be interested in this as well.  Should people respond to you
directly, off list? Or are others interested?

To get this started though, see a few examples that were easily at hand
in-line below.

Regards, Robb

nick_felmicamps wrote:

> I would like to produce a list of the power provided at the Plug-in
> Power sockets of a broad range of recorders.
> This could be published in the Files section and could be of interest to
> all, and in particular Klas and myself and other manufacturers.

I had three portable items within reach from my desk:  Zoom H2 recorder,
M-Audio transit sound interface (typically used with a netbook), and our
UPA-1 waterproof preamp.  Read values below in this respective order.  I
didn't check the battery condition on any of these, but I think they
were all charged inadequately.

> 1. Maximum voltage available (meter switched to volts) and connected
> between sleeve and tip or ring

Message: 2.
Subject: 49, 2.23, 8.58 VDC

> 2. Maximum current available (meter set to mA or uA) and connected
> between sleeve and tip or ring

Message: 1.
Subject: 18, 0.21, 1.27 mA

> 3. Voltage across a known resistor (ideally around 1000 ohm) connected
> between sleeve and tip or ring

Message: 0.
Subject: 79, 0.19, 1.09 VDC

> 4. Value of that resistor in ohms