Re: Loudspeaker recommendation

Subject: Re: Loudspeaker recommendation
From: "Randy Perretta" first_avatar
Date: Wed Jan 6, 2010 9:19 am ((PST))
Hi,
if you know someone with moderate electronic design (building block) skills=
, you might have them look at the TI PurePath modules. They go up to 300 wa=
tts mono. The evaluation module for the 315 watt model is $399 US and takes=
 8 channel analog, USB and SPDIF. EQ tone control, automute, compression in=
cluded. Add a power supply, put it in a box and source it with whatever you=
 want - endless cassette, laptop, whatever.

Don't forget a big speaker :)

Randy

flames >> /dev/null

On Wed Jan 6th, 2010 12:28 AM PST geoffjcarey wrote:

>This is somewhat tangential in that it relates to the broadcast of natural=
 sounds, rather than the recording, but not, I hope, completely unrelated.

>The issue I have relates to the use of natural distress calls of birds as =
a measure to deter birds from airports, thus reducing bird strike hazard. I=
t appears that all commercially-available devices providing distress calls =
for bird deterrence do not contain species suitable for airports I deal wit=
h here in Asia, nor do they allow self-made recordings to be added to the l=
ibrary of sounds available for playback.

>In addition, typical recorders do not have sufficiently powerful built-in =
speakers. Consequently, I am looking for a portable, amplifier/loudspeaker =
device that I can attach to a recorder/playback device, which can be used t=
o broadcast distress calls from birds as a measure to reduce bird strike ha=
zard at airports.

>Can anybody recommend a portable device suitable for broadcasting sounds l=
oud enough to carry 200-300m or so, and one that can be plugged into a digi=
tal recorder? Or even one that has its own memory card?