Re: Loudspeaker recommendation

Subject: Re: Loudspeaker recommendation
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Wed Jan 6, 2010 8:40 am ((PST))
> Can anybody recommend a portable device suitable for broadcasting sounds =
loud enough to carry 200-300m or so, and one that can be plugged into a dig=
ital recorder? Or even one that has its own memory card?

People who do museums and visitor centers use little MP3 "audio repeaters" =
that cost less than $100. The ones I've used take a SD memory card, so they=
're easy to load with a custom program. They're DC-powered and drive speake=
rs directly. They include remote control terminals. I'd imagine a few watts=
 into an efficient horn speaker would be all that's necessary at bird frequ=
encies within a couple of hundred feet. You'd probably need a beefier amp-s=
peaker combination for 200-300m. Experiment.

-Dan Dugan