Re: Phantom Power. Question from The Ghost Who Walks :-)

Subject: Re: Phantom Power. Question from The Ghost Who Walks :-)
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Sat Jan 2, 2010 9:49 pm ((PST))
Greg,

I am sure some more knowledgeable person will chime in soon, but
meanwhile can I say that the LS-10 ( I have one) does not supply
Phantom Power, but it does supply Plug-in Power which is altogether
different.  So you will still need to use the 1.5 V battery in your
mic.  The LS-10 will accept a mic that is being Phantom Powered by an
external device such as a pre-amp, but why have a lot of add-ons that
you really don't need?

The 1.5 V battery should last a whole day or more if it is anything
like the Sennheiser ME series of mics which also take a single AA
battery.

I love the idea of recording birds in your backyard in Alice
Springs!  Hope you will post a few selections to the naturerecordists
group pages.  Then I will be able to travel in my mind back to the
Alice :-)

cheers,

Vicki