7. Re: SONY PCM-M10 noise test

Subject: 7. Re: SONY PCM-M10 noise test
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:18 pm ((PST))
At 4:38 PM -0500 11/14/09, Michael Raphael wrote:
>Is there a measurement on the line input on the LS10 or LS11?

Michael--
Something you might want to keep in mind: An unbalanced, "line" input
is designed for audio signals that have a much higher level than mic
outputs. You can safely assume that there will be no
noise-compromised performance with line level inputs if used at unity
gain (near the "mid" position typically).  Recordists have been using
external mic pres with consumer grade recorders for many years and
the only exception I can recall is M-Audio Microtrak's balanced line
input which was addressed in the replacement model. Its great that
Raimund is willing to test things for us, but its not essential to
test the line inputs. Rob D.