Re: Wave Editor & SD7x recorders

Subject: Re: Wave Editor & SD7x recorders
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Thu Nov 5, 2009 8:11 pm ((PST))
On 06/11/2009, at 2:17 PM, jtudor2005 wrote:

> Further to the above. I just found out why the markers weren't
> showing by default. Select 'Waveform > Markers' from the menu. Then
> 'File > Save as template' and give it a name and select the 'Make
> Default' tick box. I had to name mine Default-1 as it wouldn't let
> me save it as just 'Default'

Hi John,

It's probably not that surprising as the factory default template is
called "Default" :)  It really makes more sense to name your custom
templates to something meaningful as you can make any template the
default regardless of name.

I've found markers are extremely useful when working with Isotope RX.
The RX standalone reads markers in .wav's and can jump to a specific
marker.  I've configured 'm' as a keyboard short cut for "Add Marker
at Playback Head". This makes it really easy to listen through a
recording and hit 'm' to drop a marker where ever the file needs
attention.  I've been trying to clean up a file that has something
like 23 door slams in the space of 10 minutes and I was able to mark
all of the slams in one pass.  It's then a breeze to jump to the
trouble spots in Izotope RX using 'View > Markers and Regions'.

cheers
Paul