Re: Odp: [Nature Recordists] card speed?

Subject: Re: Odp: [Nature Recordists] card speed?
From: "jtudor2005" jtudor2005
Date: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:04 pm ((PDT))
If you have a look at this page on the Sound Devices site about card storage &
speed requirements, you can calculate your needed speed based on bit depth &
sample rate.

http://www.sounddevices.com/calculator/index.html

For example I record at 24/96 and the results for me to record 60 minutes of
24/96 in BWF format are as follows. The info you're after is the Data Rate of
562.52 KB/Sec

Results

    * Storage Space Required - 1977.6 MB (1.93 GB)

      This is the approximate amount of disk space 60 minutes of 2 track
uncompressed WAV audio requires at 96 k / 24 bits.
    * Data Rate - 32.96 MB/minute (562.52 KB/second)

      This is the total data rate of 2 track uncompressed WAV audio at 96 k /
24 bits.
    * DVD-RAM disks - 1

      The amount of DVD-RAM disks that 60 minutes of 2 track uncompressed WAV
audio requires at 96 k / 24 bits