Re: A very odd thing happened to me today on the way to the forum! H

Subject: Re: A very odd thing happened to me today on the way to the forum! H
From: "greghpr" greghpr
Date: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:00 am ((PDT))
audition can use flac with this plugin
http://www.vuplayer.com/audition.php
that will reduce the file size
 you would need to transfer the file - encode with flac- then open in audit=
ion
http://flac.sourceforge.net/

--- In  "Max" <> wrote:

> --- In  Marinos Koutsomichalis <marinos@=
> wrote:
> > AFAIC aif and wavs can' t be larger than 2G
>
> ???!!! Really! Well that's the answer then. Thanks Marinos. I have two bo=
oks on Audition and can find no reference to file size limits in either of =
them, or in the Help pages. Do later versions of Audition have this limit a=
lso?
> While on the subject, is there a way round this apart from dividing the f=
ile? Or, is it just a case of limiting recording time to 2 gig? I know that=
 the FR2 has options for 2 and 4 gig file size limits, but one thing I real=
ise now that I don't know, is whether or not, if the 2 gig limit is set, do=
es it continue without break a new file; I'll have to get the handbook out!