Re: sound editing software

Subject: Re: sound editing software
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Thu Oct 8, 2009 8:33 pm ((PDT))
Lily,

For a Mac, and in my limited experience, you would have a very
workable system for good quality audio using Peak LE (I have version
Message: 5.
Subject: 2) which supports VST plug ins and is a top quality 2 track stereo
sound editor with an easy to use interface.  Peak LE is advertised at
$99 US.

One very good equalization plug in to use with Peak is apulSoft apEQ
for about $75 US.

A very useful stand alone broadband noise reduction system is RX from
Izotope ($349 US).  It is easy to download and install.  RX is a bit
sparse with 'how to' information, so you have to play around with it
and learn intuitively.  It should be perfect for reducing noise in
telephone interviews.  It is much better than Soundsoap (lite version).

You can download trial versions of apEQ and RX.

I am sure others will have lots more suggestions.

Vicki Powys
Australia