Re: Sounds to record in Fall / Autumn

Subject: Re: Sounds to record in Fall / Autumn
From: "Steve" pelikan45224
Date: Thu Oct 8, 2009 8:08 pm ((PDT))
Yeah --- I've noted too that the sound of the woods changes a lot as the le=
aves fall, though I bet we still have more leaves here than in Wisconsin! P=
erhaps a time-lapse recording would demonstrate this effect but I'm not rea=
dy to do that this season. And, some care to match other conditions would b=
e required. Still, it'd be fantastic.

When Rob says  "A very slight breeze will go along way in establishing
 the seasonal mood." I agree 100% but my hope is to record it really zippin=
g along --- enough so one can hear mid-sized branches clacking together. Si=
mply because that's the experience I associate with being out in  November =
in a nice Beech-Maple stand here. Maybe a few Crows or a Pileated as well.

Anyone else have Fall (Northern Hemisphere) aka approaching winter projects=
 planned?

Cheers!